Taste Notes - Graham Cracker, Tangerine, Milk Chocolate
||Various smallholder farmers|
|Variety||Castillo, Colombia, Caturra|
This Colombian E.A. (ethyl acetate) decaf is special in more ways than one: First, it is cupped specifically for its' quality and sourced by single-origin, either region or farm. This coffee is decaffeinated in Colombia, using a special, natural process that utilizes a solvent of ethyl acetate, which can be derived from fermented sugar. We are impressed by the process as well as the quality in the cup!
The process works by soaking green coffee in a solution of E.A., which bonds to the salts of chlorogenic acid in the coffee and allows for the removal of caffeine. The coffee is removed from the solvent and steamed at low pressure to remove the E.A. compounds, and the finished product retains its flavor integrity but contains almost no caffeine at all. (The beans will contain a maximum of 0.01–0.03% caffeine.)
Want to receive a freshly roasted bag of Huila Decaf delivered right to your door?
- Select the bag size.
- Select whole bean or your preferred grind depending on the brew method you are using. Don't see your brew method listed? Feel free to add a note during checkout and we will do our best to accommodate your request!
- Select your desired frequency. Not sure how frequently you need coffee delivered? Check out our frequency guide photo on this page. Keep in mind that the frequency guide is based on the 12oz. bag.
- Gift Subscriptions | Give them the gift that keeps giving... for 3 months, 6 months or 12 months. Pay in full at checkout and we will ship a bag of Huila Decaf every month for the selected period of time.
- Standard Subscriptions | Receive a bag of Huila Decaf delivered to your door once a week, once every 2 weeks or once a month.
- Currently, Shopify does not support local deliveries and pickup options, for subscriptions. The feature is in their product roadmap and is likely to be added during the latter half of the year. Use code “SubscriptionPickup” during checkout to receive free shipping and pickup your subscription at the café. You will receive a notification when your subscription is ready for pickup.